Fall has officially started, which means one thing. You should have already started preparing your eCommerce store for the 2016 holiday shopping season. For those who haven’t started, we got together with our friends at Groove to create The Ultimate Guide to Prepping Your Magento Store for Around-the-Clock Holiday Sales. When you’re done reading the roundup, make sure to go download your free copy. Without further ado, get into the best from September below, and if you’re looking for the same great articles the rest of the year, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Enjoy and let us know if we missed anything important in the comment section.
WordPress and Blogging
- New Guide on How to Fix Hacked WordPress Sites – Our involvement in WordPress security has always been a core part of our mission here at Sucuri. We have teams who actively lend advice on WordPress support forums to hacked webmasters. We’ve taken a leadership role by creating sections of the official WordPress Codex relevant to security.
- How to Get Your WordPress Site Indexed By Google Quickly – You’ve done it. After a lot of decisions, time and effort, you’ve managed to launch a new website, and you’re ready for the world to see it.
- 7 Things You Need to Know for WordPress Development – WordPress never fails to surprise the web development community. Over time, it has evolved into one of the best Content Management Systems (CMS) out there. And currently, it powers more than 25% of the web. Besides its popularity, WordPress is also known for usability and an easy-to-develop environment.
- A Brief Timeline of the History of Blogging – Greetings, readers. Welcome to the HubSpot Marketing Blog. We’re very happy to have you here. You might not realize it, but getting here was no easy task. Today, in 2016, I blog for a living, which is pretty great. But were it not for the long, twisty journey that got blogging to its current state, I might not be here. You might not be reading this.
- 4 Most Common WordPress Attacks, and How to Defend – WordPress is the foundation of about a quarter of the sites on the web. As such, it’s a juicy target for hackers and other criminals. If they can find a vulnerability in WordPress, they have the key to millions of sites.
- 10 Things Every ExpressionEngine Developer Should Know – “Do they know what they are talking about?” It doesn’t matter if it’s a plumber, surgeon or web developer – if you’re looking to farm out some work the first thing you worry about is finding someone who knows how to do the job.
- Extended End-of-Life for ExpressionEngine 2 – When we released ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 2 was scheduled for end-of-life on October 13. In this past year, we continued to offer v2 as an alternative for all new purchases, in case you had a v2 project already planned.
- Prelude to ExpressionEngine Conference – In this episode, TJ and John Henry introduce themselves, talk about what Content Managed will be about, then they look forward to the upcoming ExpressionEngine conference and talk about how important community is to developers.
- ExpressionEngine 3.4.3 Released – ExpressionEngine 3.4.3 is available today. This is a patch release with over a dozen bug fixes, some optimization, and a couple of security-minded improvements. Take a look at the changelog for the full list and download 3.4.3 today!
Magento and eCommerce
- 10 Proven Ways to Increase ECommerce Conversions Using Magento & Beyond – Increasing conversions. It’s what every organization wants. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of ways to improve conversions and it can become overwhelming knowing where to start. So we wanted to offer a few ideas that we’ve tried with our clients that have seen success, many specifically with Magento, but will work with any ecommerce system.
- More Than 50% of Shoppers Turn First to Amazon in Product Search – More than half of U.S. online consumers begin their product searches on Amazon.com Inc.’s website or mobile app, a survey found. That means that heading into the busy holiday season, the company is advancing its lead over major retailers like Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and search engines as the starting point for online shopping.
- New E-Commerce Checkout Research – Why 68% of Users Abandon Their Cart – We have now tracked the global average cart abandonment rate for 7 years. Sadly, little has improved in those years, and the average cart abandonment rate currently sits at 68.8%.
- Former Magento CTO and Co-Founder Yoav Kutner Talks About Magento Development – Yoav Kutner is who you will call a serial entrepreneur, a person that creates solutions in order to solve problems. His name is synonymous with Magento. Together with Roy Rubin, they created a revolution in ecommerce industry by creating Magento.
- The Countdown To The eCommerce Holiday Season Starts Today – The holiday season is the busiest time of the year for eCommerce retailers. As we head into Fall, it’s time to start preparing your eCommerce business to make the most of the biggest shopping season of the year.
This month we’ll leave you with a video that reimagines what Excel can be.