Dropshipping gained massive popularity in the last few years. It’s known as a great ecommerce business model that can provide high profitability with low initial investment. Although there are a lot of differences between the two, if we compare dropshipping vs. ecommerce, what they have in common is the need for a strong online presence.
Building and managing your ecommerce store is the central part of your dropshipping business. Selling the best dropshipping products requires you to create a great representation of them online and set up a system that will ensure a smooth order fulfillment process.
WooCommerce is among the most popular WordPress plugins for ecommerce that powers more than a million online stores around the world. WooCommerce also makes it possible to use WordPress for dropshipping. In this article, we will review what the best dropshipping plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce are and what features you need to look for when choosing one for your business.
Dropshipping Plugins: 3 Important Features to Look For
With dropshipping growing increasingly popular, you have choices when it comes to tools from all major ecommerce platforms. The search for the perfect dropshipping solution is still ongoing, though. For example, Shopify recently announced that they are moving away from Oberlo, a world famous dropshipping app.
So what do we need to look for when choosing the best dropshipping plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce? Here are the three most important features.
- Easy integration. A great dropshipping plugin should be easy to integrate into the WordPress/WooCommerce ecosystem and provide customization options.
- Product import. You need a dropshipping plugin that automates the product import process and allows you to add products in bulk.
- Order fulfillment. Once a purchase is made, an email containing the order information should be sent to the supplier automatically.
The Best Dropshipping Plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce
Let’s take a look at the seven best WooCommerce dropshipping plugins that can be easily integrated into your WordPress site.
Dropifed is one of the best dropshipping solutions that can be integrated with a number of ecommerce platforms, including WooCommerce. It is considered one of the best dropshipping plugins for WordPress due to auto ordering, fulfillment, and synchronization with a number of suppliers.
Dropified allows for unlimited product imports and monthly orders. Once the products are imported, you can set a default markup for all or increase prices based on cost tiers by fixed amounts or percentages. There are a great number of other features it provides, including one-click order placement, bulk order processing, and shipment tracking.
- Price. $47 monthly.
- WooCommerce Integration. Your WooCommerce store will need to be connected to the Dropify app.
- Suppliers. Full synchronization with AliExpress, Alibaba, and eBay. One-click product import with manual ordering from over 80 suppliers.
WooShark provides a few plugins for WooCommerce that allow business owners to work with suppliers from Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and a number of other marketplaces. At the moment, WooShark has the following solutions available:
- Wooshark for AliExpress & Woocommerce
- Wooshark for AliExpress , eBay, Amazon, and Etsy
- IRivYou — Import AliExpress & Amazon reviews to WooCommerce
- Wooshark Dropship & Affiliate for eBay & WooCommerce
- Wooshark Dropshiping & Affiliates for Amazon & WooCommerce
Your features will depend on the plugin option you choose, but all include support for multiple stores. The plugins provide bulk product import, automatic price changes, and inventory sync. Order fulfillment is organized in a way that your customers are automatically directed to the dropshipper’s checkout page to complete the order, so you do not have to send any information to the supplier.
- Price. Prices start at $29.99, depending on the plugin and the chosen plan.
- WooCommerce Integration. You will need to add a Chrome extension and connect your store to WooShark by using API keys generated.
- Suppliers. Amazon, Aliexpress, Etsy, eBay, and more.
WooDropship is a dropshipping plugin for WooCommerce that allows you to import products from the best AliExpress suppliers. The solution is focused solely on AlIExpress, making it easy to customize all product information and prices on your storefront.
WooDropship supports automatic price changes and inventory sync. The Chrome extension enables automatic order fulfillment and adding products to your store while browsing AliExpress.
- Price. $49 one-time.
- WooCommerce Integration. You will need to add your WooCommerce store to WooDropship and install a Chrome extension.
- Suppliers. AliExpress only.
4. WooCommerce Dropshipping
The WooCommerce Dropshipping extension allows you to import products in bulk by using a CSV file and it sends notifications to suppliers every time an order is placed. The plugin does not have an extended features list, but focuses on the core functionality that allows you to get your dropshipping business up and running.
The dropshipping dashboard keeps you up to date with the total number of orders, best selling products, and products low on stock. As of now, the WooCommerce Dropshipping extension does not have support for inventory level sync or dynamic pricing. Some additional features are added to the plugin via its Chrome extension.
- Price. $79 yearly.
- WooCommerce Integration. It is a WooCommerce extension that can be installed from the WordPress dashboard.
- Suppliers. AliExpress and Amazon Affiliate.
DropshipMe is one of the best dropshipping plugins for WordPress when working with AliExpress suppliers. DropshipMe allows you to import selected AliExpress products in one click with the product information already edited to highlight the best of what you are going to sell. Real product reviews from the buyers will be automatically uploaded to your store too.
The plugin makes the search for products easier by giving you access to the catalog of the best products carefully selected for you in the chosen category. After the activation, you are given 50 products to import for free. Paid plans allow for more product imports.
Unfortunately, the plugin focuses on product import and does not provide extended functionality. But a free version available makes it a good option for small shops. You can use the plugin with another solution — AliDropship — to sync your store with AliExpress in real-time and get other useful features.
- Price. Free version includes 50 products to import. Multiple paid plans, prices ranging from $29 to $199 one-time fee.
- WooCommerce Integration. You will need to install the DropshipMe plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
- Suppliers. AliExpress only.
AliDropship is arguably the best WooCommerce dropshipping plugin for selling from AliExpress. While DropshipMe is focused on product sourcing, AliDropship is an all-in-one WooCommerce dropshipping store management solution.
You have access to the same catalog of pre-picked products with the best descriptions and real customer reviews as DropshipMe does, or you can import products manually by browsing AliExpress. There is no limit on the number of products you can import.
AliDropship provides a number of other features, including all product information and stock availability auto updates, one-click order fulfillment, and the creation of advanced pricing markup rules.
- Price. $89 one-time fee.
- WooCommerce Integration. You will need to upload the AliDropship plugin to your WooCommerce store after you have purchased it.
- Suppliers. AliExpress only.
Spreadr is a dropshipping solution for selling products from Amazon that can be integrated into WooCommerce, Shopify, or BigCommerce. Spreadr is one of the best dropshipping plugins for WordPress to work with Amazon.
Spreadr works with Amazon for order fulfillment orders in one of two ways. You can work as an Amazon Affiliate to earn the standard commision by sending customers to the marketplace to make purchases or receive orders on your store. You can import any non-Amazon Prime products to your WooCommerce store along with all reviews, customize the product information, and add pricing rules to start selling.
The solution comes with the basic plan that allows for unlimited product imports, but starting from $12 monthly you can get Spreadr to auto update price and availability values of imported products and provide you with analytics data.
- Price. Ranging from $6 to $60 monthly.
- WooCommerce Integration. You will need to upload the Spreadr plugin to your WooCommerce store after you have purchased it.
- Suppliers. Amazon only.
You Know What Plugins You Need. What’s Next?
Ecommerce is often associated with all kinds of fees and lack of control over your store, but it does not have to be that way. A great ecommerce store deserves great hosting, so you need to make sure you are choosing the best option.
Going with an open source ecommerce solution for dropshipping like WooCommerce means you have full control over your website, but at the same time full responsibility for its functionality and performance. Once you choose the best dropshipping plugin for WordPress to make use of on your WooCommerce website, what’s next?
You need to make sure the technology stack used by a web hosting provider is fully optimized for the specific needs of your business, which is not an easy task. Hostdedi provides fully managed hosting that is specifically optimized for ecommerce and WordPress.
Try Managed WooCommerce Hosting with Hostdedi
With managed WooCommerce hosting with Hostdedi, you can forget about hidden fees and poor performance. An enterprise-level technology stack with the best caching options and a built-in CDN will make sure your dropshipping store is there for your customers 24/7.
The best support in the industry included in our fully managed WooCommerce hosting plans will make your ecommerce journey headache free. Check out our plans to get started today.